Exile Parade. (lead singer, blues, punk, rock, vinyl) - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai

Default Exile Parade.

Unsigned and hopefully on the up.
http://www.myspace.com/exileparade
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual

New Wave Oasis

I love it

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
New Wave Oasis

I love it
Good aren't they!
Old 08-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dat's Der Bunny!

Yeah! I find it really hard to find good new bands these days, cause you have to sift through so much crap to find it. that's the main reason I joined this forum, cause I noticed that most of the artists that I really like have either split up or died...

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai

Click on their friends on the myspace site (the lesser known ones that is) there's a whole network in there.

This band with names like Lomax, Hennessey and Owen are sure to do well.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou

I like em a lot.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow View Post
I like em a lot.
New single comes out (Bangkok Music-their own label) on November 6th.
It will be available on Vinyl and also iTunes.

Hopefully this band will get the break they deserve and get themselves signed.

http://www.myspace.com/exileparade

^ Any more feedback on this band please...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
isfckingdead

Its good, I don't care for the vocals though. =/
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai

Live Review by BBC Manchester

Exile Parade
at Star and Garter
Natalie Williams (gig: 19/09/06)
There's no better way of ridding the Tuesday blues than splattering them with a bit of raw, unpredictable music and that's exactly what was served up by the North West ball of energy known as Exile Parade.

Fed up with the usual up-hill battle with industry types, Exile Parade - along with stable mates Zen Cohen and Z List Tears - have took the proverbial bull by the horns and embarked on a whirlwind tour of the UK. You'd think that the back-to-back gigs, not to mention the compulsory partying, would make the gig somewhat lacklustre, but in true rock and roll style, the room's soon rattling with the fierce vocals of lead singer Lomax.

The music is threaded with punk, bluesy rock and great guitar, but without a doubt, it's the latter two, fused with the pure rawness of the vocals, that really brings the melting pot to the boil.

Song-wise, Get Your Gun Boy is without a doubt the band's best work. The intro deceives you into thinking it's an Oasis-style tune, but hang fire for a few more seconds and it's a catchy countrified guitar number that blasts you into orbit with a storming chorus and ends with more influences than an X-Factor audition!

Going seeing them live this Saturday. Should be a good night.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post

Going seeing them live this Saturday. Should be a good night.
Review Exile Parade - Dry Bar, Manchester.

Kez reports back on Exile Parade, a hot new band from North West England.

This might only be my second review, but there’s a theme developing. I was driving, so no drinking, Lauren was sick, and the venue was hella scary. Within 10 minutes of hitting the bar and getting a seat, we were surrounded by scallies in tracksuits who, having tried and failed to sit on my knee, decided I needed cheering up so offered me poppers.

Nice

And it’s the only venue I know that sells pregnancy tests from a vending machine in the bathroom.

Nicer.

Shortly before gig time, we headed downstairs to try get a good spot. We weren’t prepared for the queue… The door staff operated a one-in, one-out policy, which was fairly frustrating. I very nearly yelled “But I’m PRESS, LET ME IN DAMMIT”, but resisted as I noticed the band themselves hadn’t gone in yet.

Despite there being 5 bands on the bill, Exile Parade were the band to catch, according to my fellow queuers, who couldn’t stop themselves from bigging up the band.

Were they worth the hype?

Hell yes.

Opening with one track from their soon to be released double-A side, Fire Walk With Me (yes, it is a Lynchian title, but it’s not about that), the band launched into a blues-y rock-fest that had the audience spellbound. It was immediately clear why people outside the gig hall were raving about them.

Two guys behind me had a bet on when lead singer Lomax would get his shirt off. The one with the bet on the third song took the money. Quietly spoken off-stage, Lomax has immense stage presence, and puts his all into the songs.

And he’s not the only one. It’s refreshing to see a band that are passionate about what they’re doing. The playing is tight and faultless, and they’re clearly enjoying themselves onstage. They have a belief in their talent, and rightly so. There are no false promises here. From the songwriting to the delivery, everything is spot on.

The songs are fresh and yet timeless. While the bands influences are clear, no one can say that they’re a copycat band – the music is very much their own. The songs could have been written any time in the last 30 years, and they’ll still sound fabulous in 30 years time.

From the opening track to the last, Get Your Gun Boy, the energy and passion was constant, the audience appreciative.

It’s been a while since I’ve left feeling that I’ve seen something special. As a guy in the queue - Les - pointed out, this band were SUPERPUMPED.

Catch these boys if you can!

I can't believe I missed them.